The Principal RF Hardware Design Engineer will form part of a tightly-knit, multi-disciplinary team to design and develop RF hardware and equipment. This person will guide product specification, development, testing and overall strategy. They will support the team’s design activities and act as a top contributor to major new products.
This Role Offers
- Competitive base salary plus comprehensive benefits package, including medical/life coverage, profit-sharing, and more.
- Engineering-centric work environment within a small, high-performing team with a legacy of success in their projects.
- Customer-focused operation with designers having a direct connection to the customers we serve
- A commitment to high-quality design.
- Excellent industry reputation.
- Company and team with legacy of building high-grade wireless components and equipment.
- Contributing ideas, designs and leadership at the highest level.
- Strong support for employee development– including skills development, support for side projects, and continuing education opportunities.
- Act as top technical resource for design and development activities for RF hardware related to test and measurement, automotive, telecom, radar, and more.
- Define product specifications, modeling, testing, and related activities.
- Design, build and test prototypes and interpret results as part of a team of top engineers.
- Stay involved with projects from concept through management of manufacturing.
- Coach junior engineering team members and develop skills within the team to address knowledge gaps.
- Report to senior management on product feedback, project delivery, and improvements.
- Entrepreneurial drive.
- 10+ years of experience developing hardware components for a range of RF products. Intimate understanding of RF engineering and design.
- Strong technical background in commercial and military product development.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple products at time.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in electrical engineering or a similar technical field.
- Technical understanding of RF, RF Components and RF systems.
- RF power amplifier design 1 to 25W
- Ability to design in controllers, sensors, actuators, and BIT hardware.
- Strong understanding of RF test equipment, including network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, and oscilloscope.
- Proficiency with design and simulation software, including MATLAB, AWR, ADS and ANSYS HFSS.
- Commercial, automotive and military Frequency ranges.
- Schematic capture and entry.
- PCB design and board layout.
- Understanding of coding and scripting are a plus.
- Heavy focus on quality product development and rigorous methodology.
- Able to mentor and develop junior engineers within the team.